1. Shut & lock all windows and doors.
2. Set up a timer to turn on your TV or radio to appear that someone is home.
3. Leave porch or front light on and one light on inside to appear as though someone is home.
4. Keep a car parked in your driveway or ask a trusted neighbor to use your driveway while you are gone.
5. Ask your local Post Office to hold your mail or have a trusted person collect your mail if you will be gone for an extended amount of time.
6. Place your valuables like jewlery, important documents, etc. in your safe.
7. Leave a spare key with a trusted person in case of an emergency.
8. Notify your alarm company know you will be on vacation and confirm that have a good contact number in case of an emergency.
9. Avoid posting notice that your on vacation and that nobody is home via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
10. Make sure you enjoy you vacation!